Lynsey Addario: At War By Elizabeth Rubin
A photojournalist looks at war up close, most recently focusing on women soldiers in Afghanistan.
Cameras for a Dark Time By Ariella Azoulay
Custom-built cameras reflect upon the medium and the ongoing conflict in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
Lucia Nimcova: On Sleeping and Waking By Clare Butcher
Nimcova investigates the role of the image in private and official life in Socialist Czechoslovakia.
Interview with Carole Naggar
The famed Parisian photographer discusses his life and career.
Fastnacht By Magdalene Keaney
An age-old Lenten tradition continues—in full regalia—in Germany’s southern villages.
A Prior Magazine #21 investigates performance practices, the unique experience, the active positions of the artist and the audience in relation to current techniques of assemblage, association, reproduction, sharing, collage and, specifically, linking.
Danai Anesiadou, Gabriel Lester in collaboration with Raimundas Malasauskas, and Luis Jacob
Cover image: Happy To Serve You by Danai Anesiadou
Back cover: Image from Gabriel Lester’s personal collection
Essays by Lou Forster on The Other Tradition (Wiels, Brussels), Natasa Petresin on Les Promesses du Passé (Centre Pompidou, Paris) and Defne Ayas on Performa (New York). And a contribution by Ruth Hege Halstensen on Tino Sehgal
Insert: Album IX: special 16-page booklet in full color by Luis Jacob
And more essays by Anselm Franke, Donatien Grau, John Menick, Vivian Rehberg, Dieter Roelstraete, Michael Van den Abeele, Jan Verwoert and Andros Zins-Browne
280 pages full color
Our sixth issue which tackles one of the dangerous themes in poetry. Expect to find poems about the weight of meaning behind the term ‘wife’, love as an elderly lesbian, motherhood and the hopeless powerlessness of love after death. Featuring work from some of the finest contemporary poets and illustrators working today, plus interviews with Joe Dunthorne, Salena Godden and Tom Chivers.
– Andrei’s Artistic Automobilies D.B Denholtz introduces the striking models of Andrei Palmer
– Miniature Masterpieces Gary Santaniello introduces the obsessive detail of Dalton Ghetti
– Danielle Jacqui: La Maison de Celle Qui Peint and the Colossal d’Art Brut Michèle Perez brings us up to date with the phenomenal artist singulier from southern France
– Flowerings of Folklore Sara Ugolini introduces spontaneous Italian artist Maria Concetta Cassarà
– Rediscovering an Imaginary Pop Music Superstar Tom Patterson reviews the lost-and-found homemade record-cover art of Mingering Mike
– Art & Disability – With the opening of the Museum of Everything’s London exhibition, featuring the work of artists with disabilities.